Olumiant is a once-daily rheumatoid arthritis (RA) treatment available as a pill.
It's important to note:
- Olumiant is not an injection
- It should be taken exactly as prescribed
- It can be taken with or without food
Safety and side effects
As with any medication, Olumiant may cause serious side effects in some people. One of these is venous thromboembolism (VTE), a blood clot that starts in a vein. Look out for:
- Leg swelling
- Pain or tenderness in the leg
If you notice any of these symptoms, talk to your doctor right away. Aside from this list, there may be other side effects when taking Olumiant.
Most common side effects
When taking Olumiant, you may experience any of the following common side effects:
- Upper respiratory tract infections (such as a cold or sinus infection)
- Cold sores
These are not all the possible side effects when taking Olumiant.